Welcome to Ripley ...
So far, we have found very little information about Ripley. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Ripley to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Ripley, please Contact Us.
Ripley would have been located within present day Lincoln County<2>.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Ripley is 2,100 feet [640 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: The area where Ripley was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel west from Ripley (for example, toward East Hope (ID)), you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT).
Ripley would have been located in the (406) area code.
Communities Also Named Ripley ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 21 communities that are also named Ripley - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana (2), Maine (2), Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Tennessee, Texas and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ripley.
Communities near Ripley ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Ripley.
- Libby [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Libby
- Libby [Lincoln County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the west of Ripley
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,845 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Libby have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Libby
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Libby<6>
- Warland [Lincoln County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warland
- Warland [Lincoln County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Ripley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Warland have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Volcour [Lincoln County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Volcour
- Volcour [Lincoln County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Ripley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Volcour have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Troy [Lincoln County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Happys Inn [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Happys Inn
- Happys Inn [Lincoln County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the southeast of Ripley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Happys Inn
- Noxon [Sanders County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Noxon
- Noxon [Sanders County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Ripley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Noxon have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Noxon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Noxon<6>
- Sylvanite [Lincoln County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sylvanite
- Sylvanite [Lincoln County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Ripley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sylvanite
- Heron [Sanders County]
- Trego [Lincoln County]
- Fortine [Lincoln County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Ripley. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Ripley.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Ripley. See our Newspapers Page for Ripley.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Montana
About Lincoln County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Lincoln County: www.lincolncountymt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Ripley, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Lincoln, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Ripley - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ripley) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ripley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from RipleyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ripley. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.3812, Longitude: -115.4473 |
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|