Welcome to Riedel ...
So far, we have found very little information about Riedel. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Riedel to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Riedel, please Contact Us.
Riedel would have been located within present day Blaine County<2>.
The location of Riedel has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Riedel is 3,670 feet [1,119 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Riedel is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Riedel was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Riedel still existed, it would have been in the (406) area code.
Communities near Riedel ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Riedel.
- Lloyd [Blaine County]
- Parker School [Hill County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Parker School
- Parker School [Hill County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<5> to the northwest of Riedel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Parker School have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Parker School
- Saint Pierre [Hill County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Pierre
- Saint Pierre [Hill County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<5> to the northwest of Riedel
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Pierre
- Azure [Hill County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Azure
- Azure [Hill County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Riedel
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Azure
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Sangrey [Hill County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sangrey
- Sangrey [Hill County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Riedel
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sangrey have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sangrey
- Winifred [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winifred
- Winifred [Fergus County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<5> to the south of Riedel
- Population from the 2020 Census: 196 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Winifred have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winifred
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Winifred<6>
- Hays [Blaine County]
- Big Sandy [Chouteau County]
- Box Elder [Chouteau County]
- Zortman [Phillips County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Riedel. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Riedel.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Riedel. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Riedel.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Riedel. See our Newspapers Page for Riedel.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Montana
About Blaine County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Riedel, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Blaine, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Riedel - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Riedel) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Riedel. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.9833, Longitude: -109.3574 In this case, the coordinates for Riedel have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|