Around Rattlesnake ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Chinook. It is located about 35 miles [56 km] to the north of Rattlesnake. Chinook has a population of 1,200 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Harlem.
It is located about 32 miles [ km] to the north of Rattlesnake and has a population of 780 people.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Rattlesnake.<2>
- Chinook [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chinook
- Chinook [Blaine County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the north of Rattlesnake
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,230 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chinook
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chinook<3>
- Fort Belknap Agency [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Belknap Agency
- Fort Belknap Agency [Blaine County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Rattlesnake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Belknap Agency have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Belknap Agency
- Harlem [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harlem
- Harlem [Blaine County] lies 32 miles [51.5 km]<2> to the north of Rattlesnake
- Population from the 2020 Census: 778 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harlem
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Harlem<3>
- Hays [Blaine County]
- Lloyd [Blaine County]
- Lodge Pole [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodge Pole
- Lodge Pole [Blaine County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the east of Rattlesnake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lodge Pole have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodge Pole
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Pine Grove [Blaine County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Grove
- Pine Grove [Blaine County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the east of Rattlesnake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Grove
- Winifred [Fergus County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winifred
- Winifred [Fergus County] lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the south of Rattlesnake
- Population from the 2020 Census: 196 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Winifred have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winifred
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Winifred<3>
- Zortman [Phillips County]
- Zurich [Blaine County]
For more communities neighboring Rattlesnake, please visit our County-by-County Page for Rattlesnake.
Blaine County ...
Rattlesnake is located in Blaine County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Blaine County: Chouteau, Fergus, Hill & Phillips.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Rattlesnake ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Rattlesnake.
Airports Near Rattlesnake ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Rattlesnake and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Rattlesnake.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Montana
About Blaine County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Rattlesnake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Rattlesnake.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Rattlesnake) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Rattlesnake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.0980, Longitude: -109.0488 In this case, the coordinates for Rattlesnake have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Blaine, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Rattlesnake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|