Around Nye ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Livingston. It is located about 39 miles [62 km] to the northwest of Nye. Livingston has a population of 7,900 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Red Lodge.
It is located about 31 miles [ km] to the southeast of Nye and has a population of 2,400 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Nye.<2>
- Absarokee [Stillwater County]
- Beehive [Stillwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beehive
- Beehive [Stillwater County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northeast of Nye
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beehive
- Big Timber [Sweet Grass County]
- Columbus [Stillwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Columbus
- Columbus [Stillwater County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Nye
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,117 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Columbus
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Columbus<3>
- Cooke City [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cooke City
- Cooke City [Park County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the south of Nye
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cooke City have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cooke City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cooke City<3>
- Dean [Stillwater County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dean
- Dean [Stillwater County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the east of Nye
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dean
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Fishtail [Stillwater County]
- Greycliff [Sweet Grass County]
- McLeod [Sweet Grass County]
- Red Lodge [Carbon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Red Lodge
- Red Lodge [Carbon County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Nye
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,359 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Red Lodge have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Red Lodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Red Lodge<3>
- Reed Point [Stillwater County]
- Roberts [Carbon County]
- Roscoe [Carbon County]
- Silver Gate [Park County]
- Springdale [Park County]
For more communities neighboring Nye, please visit our County-by-County Page for Nye.
Stillwater County ...
Nye is located in Stillwater County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Stillwater County: Carbon, Golden Valley, Park, Sweet Grass & Yellowstone.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Nye ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Nye.
Airports Near Nye ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Nye and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Nye.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Nye ...
Looking for more information about Nye? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Nye. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Nye, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Nye.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Montana
About Stillwater County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nye. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Nye.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nye) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Nye. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from NyeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nye. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.4355, Longitude: -109.8088 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Stillwater, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Nye), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|