Around Nickwall ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Wolf Point. It is located about 15 miles [24 km] to the west of Nickwall. Wolf Point has a population of 2,700 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Poplar.
It lies just northeast of Nickwall and has a population of 840 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Nickwall.<2>
- Brockton [Roosevelt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brockton
- Brockton [Roosevelt County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Nickwall
- Estimated population in 2018: 234 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brockton have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brockton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brockton<4>
- Culbertson [Roosevelt County]
- Frazer [Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frazer
- Frazer [Valley County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the west of Nickwall
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frazer have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frazer
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Frazer<4>
- Lambert [Richland County]
- Lustre [Valley County]
- Poplar [Roosevelt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar
- Poplar [Roosevelt County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Nickwall
- Population from the 2020 Census: 835 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Poplar<4>
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Richey [Dawson County]
- Vida [McCone County]
- Wolf Point [Roosevelt County]
For more communities neighboring Nickwall, please visit our County-by-County Page for Nickwall.
McCone County ...
Nickwall is located in McCone County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of McCone County: Dawson, Garfield, Prairie, Richland, Roosevelt & Valley.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Nickwall ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Nickwall.
Airports Near Nickwall ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Nickwall and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Nickwall.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Montana
About McCone County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Nickwall. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Nickwall.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Nickwall) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Nickwall. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.0492, Longitude: -105.3069 In this case, the coordinates for Nickwall have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including McCone, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Nickwall), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|