Around Martin ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Winnett. It is located about 29 miles [46 km] to the west of where Martin would have been located. Winnett has a population of 190 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Melstone.
It is located about 22 miles [ km] to the south of Martin and has a population of 110 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Cat Creek [Petroleum County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cat Creek
- Cat Creek [Petroleum County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Martin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cat Creek
- Ingomar [Rosebud County]
- Melstone [Musselshell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Melstone
- Melstone [Musselshell County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of Martin
- Population from the 2020 Census: 111 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Melstone have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Melstone
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Melstone<3>
- Mosby [Garfield County]
- Musselshell [Musselshell County]
- Sand Springs [Garfield County]
- Sumatra [Rosebud County]
- Winnett [Petroleum County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winnett
- Winnett [Petroleum County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the west of Martin
- Population from the 2020 Census: 190 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Winnett have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winnett
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Winnett<3>
For more communities neighboring Martin, please visit our County-by-County Page for Martin.
Garfield County ...
Martin would have been located within present day Garfield County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Garfield County: Custer, McCone, Petroleum, Phillips, Prairie, Rosebud & Valley.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Martin ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Martin.
Airports Near Martin ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Martin and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Martin.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Montana
About Garfield County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Martin.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Martin) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Martin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.9078, Longitude: -107.7457 In this case, the coordinates for Martin have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Garfield, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Martin), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|