Census Data for Macon ...
As far as we can tell, Macon has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Macon, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Wolf Point [Roosevelt County]
- Poplar [Roosevelt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar
- Poplar [Roosevelt County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the east of Macon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Poplar have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Poplar<2>
- Brockton [Roosevelt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brockton
- Brockton [Roosevelt County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the east of Macon
- The population in 2018 was estimated at 234 people. This represents a 8.24% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 255 people.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brockton have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brockton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Brockton<2>
- Nashua [Valley County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nashua
- Nashua [Valley County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the west of Macon
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nashua have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nashua
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nashua<2>
- Richey [Dawson County]
Roosevelt County ...
Macon is located in Roosevelt County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Roosevelt County.
Miscellaneous Information for Macon ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Roosevelt County or the community of Macon:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Macon:
- GNIS ID for Macon: 773793
- GNIS ID for Roosevelt County: 1669428
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Macon is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Macon.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Montana
About Roosevelt County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Macon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Macon) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Macon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.1097, Longitude: -105.5189 In this case, the coordinates for Macon have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Roosevelt, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|