Welcome to Loweth ...
Loweth is located in Meagher County<1>.
We aren't confident of the location of Loweth, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Loweth is 5,800 feet [1,768 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Loweth is about 1 mile [or ~1¾ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Loweth lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Loweth is within the (406) area code.
Communities near Loweth ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Loweth.
- White Sulphur Springs [Meagher County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Sulphur Springs
- White Sulphur Springs [Meagher County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Loweth
- Population from the 2020 Census: 915 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for White Sulphur Springs have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Sulphur Springs
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for White Sulphur Springs<6>
- Castle Town [Meagher County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Town
- Castle Town [Meagher County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Loweth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castle Town have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Castle Town
- Ringling [Meagher County]
- Langford City [Meagher County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Langford City
- Langford City [Meagher County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northwest of Loweth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Langford City have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Martinsdale [Meagher County]
- Francis [Gallatin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Francis
- Francis [Gallatin County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the southwest of Loweth
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Francis
- Wilsall [Park County]
- Sedan [Gallatin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sedan
- Sedan [Gallatin County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the south of Loweth
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sedan
- Fort Logan [Meagher County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Logan
- Fort Logan [Meagher County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Loweth
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Logan have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fort Logan
- Twodot [Wheatland County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Loweth. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Loweth.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Loweth. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Loweth.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Loweth. See our Newspapers Page for Loweth.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Loweth ...
Looking for more information about Loweth? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Loweth, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Loweth.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Montana
About Meagher County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Loweth. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Meagher, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Loweth - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Loweth) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Loweth. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LowethOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Loweth. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.3685, Longitude: -110.7091 In this case, the coordinates for Loweth have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|