Around Lodge Grass ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Sheridan (WY). It is located about 40 miles [64 km] to the southeast of Lodge Grass. Sheridan (WY) has a population of 18,100 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Hardin.
It is located about 31 miles [ km] to the north of Lodge Grass and has a population of 3,700 people.
For comparison, Lodge Grass has a population of 440 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Busby [Big Horn County]
- Crow Agency [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crow Agency
- Crow Agency [Big Horn County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the north of Lodge Grass
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crow Agency have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crow Agency
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crow Agency<3>
- Decker [Big Horn County]
- Fort Smith [Big Horn County]
- Garryowen [Big Horn County]
- Hardin [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hardin
- Hardin [Big Horn County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> to the north of Lodge Grass
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,705 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hardin have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hardin
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hardin<3>
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Lame Deer [Rosebud County]
- Saint Xavier [Big Horn County]
- Wyola [Big Horn County]
- Burgess Junction [Sheridan County]
- Dayton [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dayton
- Dayton [Sheridan County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the south of Lodge Grass
- Population from the 2020 Census: 830 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dayton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dayton<3>
- Parkman [Sheridan County]
- Ranchester [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ranchester
- Ranchester [Sheridan County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the south of Lodge Grass
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,082 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ranchester
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ranchester<3>
- Sheridan [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sheridan
- Sheridan [Sheridan County] lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the southeast of Lodge Grass
- Population from the 2020 Census: 18,095 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sheridan
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sheridan<3>
- Wolf [Sheridan County]
For more communities neighboring Lodge Grass, please visit our County-by-County Page for Lodge Grass.
Big Horn County ...
Lodge Grass is located in Big Horn County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Big Horn County: Carbon, Powder River, Rosebud, Treasure, Yellowstone, Big Horn (WY) & Sheridan (WY).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lodge Grass ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lodge Grass.
Airports Near Lodge Grass ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Lodge Grass and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Lodge Grass.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Lodge Grass ...
Looking for more information about Lodge Grass? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Lodge Grass. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Lodge Grass, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Lodge Grass.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Montana
About Big Horn County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Lodge Grass. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Lodge Grass.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Lodge Grass) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Lodge Grass. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Lodge GrassOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lodge Grass. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.3141, Longitude: -107.3673 In this case, the coordinates for Lodge Grass have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Big Horn, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lodge Grass), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|