Around Kirby ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Sheridan (WY). It is located about 36 miles [57 km] to the south of Kirby. Sheridan (WY) has a population of 18,100 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Ranchester (WY).
It is located about 30 miles [ km] to the south of Kirby and has a population of 1,100 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Kirby.<2>
- Birney [Rosebud County]
- Busby [Big Horn County]
- Crow Agency [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crow Agency
- Crow Agency [Big Horn County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Kirby
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Crow Agency have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crow Agency
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crow Agency<3>
- Decker [Big Horn County]
- Garryowen [Big Horn County]
- Lame Deer [Rosebud County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Lodge Grass [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lodge Grass
- Lodge Grass [Big Horn County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the west of Kirby
- Population from the 2020 Census: 442 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lodge Grass have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lodge Grass
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lodge Grass<3>
- Muddy [Big Horn County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Muddy
- Muddy [Big Horn County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Kirby
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Muddy have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Muddy
- Saint Xavier [Big Horn County]
- Wyola [Big Horn County]
- Dayton [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dayton
- Dayton [Sheridan County] lies 34 miles [54.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Kirby
- Population from the 2020 Census: 830 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dayton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dayton<3>
- Kleenburn [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kleenburn
- Kleenburn [Sheridan County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the south of Kirby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kleenburn
- Parkman [Sheridan County]
- Ranchester [Sheridan County]
- Sheridan [Sheridan County]
For more communities neighboring Kirby, please visit our County-by-County Page for Kirby.
Big Horn County ...
Kirby is located in Big Horn County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Big Horn County: Carbon, Powder River, Rosebud, Treasure, Yellowstone, Big Horn (WY) & Sheridan (WY).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Kirby ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Kirby.
Airports Near Kirby ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Kirby and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Kirby.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Montana
About Big Horn County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kirby. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Kirby.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kirby) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kirby. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.3325, Longitude: -106.9817 In this case, the coordinates for Kirby have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Big Horn, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Kirby), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|