Census Data for Indian Crossing ...
As far as we can tell, Indian Crossing has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Indian Crossing, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Ennis [Madison County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ennis
- Ennis [Madison County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the northwest of Indian Crossing
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ennis have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ennis
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ennis<3>
- Virginia City [Madison County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Virginia City
- Virginia City [Madison County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Indian Crossing
- Former names for Virginia City:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Virginia City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Virginia City<3>
- West Yellowstone [Gallatin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Yellowstone
- West Yellowstone [Gallatin County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the southeast of Indian Crossing
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Yellowstone have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Yellowstone
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for West Yellowstone<3>
Madison County ...
Indian Crossing is located in Madison County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Madison County.
Miscellaneous Information for Indian Crossing ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Madison County or the community of Indian Crossing:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Indian Crossing:
- GNIS ID for Indian Crossing: 801850
- GNIS ID for Madison County: 1720033
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Indian Crossing is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Indian Crossing.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Montana
About Madison County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Indian Crossing. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Indian Crossing) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Indian Crossing. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.1322, Longitude: -111.4375 In this case, the coordinates for Indian Crossing have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Madison, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|