Census Data for Howard ...
So far, we have found very little information about Howard. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Howard to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Howard, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Howard has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Howard, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Forsyth [Rosebud County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forsyth
- Forsyth [Rosebud County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Howard
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Forsyth have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forsyth
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Forsyth<4>
- Hysham [Treasure County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hysham
- Hysham [Treasure County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the west of Howard
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hysham have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hysham
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hysham<4>
- Colstrip [Rosebud County]
Rosebud County ...
Howard is located in Rosebud County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Rosebud County.
Miscellaneous Information for Howard ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Rosebud County or the community of Howard:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Howard:
- GNIS ID for Howard: 1716747
- GNIS ID for Rosebud County: 1716795
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 30 (Montana)
- County Code: 087 (Rosebud County)
- Place Code: 37900 (Howard)
- State & County Code: 30/087 (Montana / Rosebud County)
- State & Place Code: 30/37900 (Montana / Howard)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Howard would have been located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Howard.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Montana
About Rosebud County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Howard, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Howard) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Howard. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.2544, Longitude: -106.9289 In this case, the coordinates for Howard have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Rosebud, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|