Census Data for Higgins ...
As far as we can tell, Higgins has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Higgins, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- White Sulphur Springs [Meagher County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White Sulphur Springs
- White Sulphur Springs [Meagher County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Higgins
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for White Sulphur Springs have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White Sulphur Springs
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for White Sulphur Springs<3>
- Clyde Park [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clyde Park
- Clyde Park [Park County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the south of Higgins
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clyde Park have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clyde Park
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Clyde Park<3>
- Townsend [Broadwater County]
- Belgrade [Gallatin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belgrade
- Belgrade [Gallatin County] lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Higgins
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Belgrade have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belgrade
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Belgrade<3>
Meagher County ...
Higgins is located in Meagher County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Meagher County.
Miscellaneous Information for Higgins ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Meagher County or the community of Higgins:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Higgins:
- GNIS ID for Higgins: 772380
- GNIS ID for Meagher County: 1719600
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Higgins is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Higgins.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Montana
About Meagher County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Higgins. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Higgins) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Higgins. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.2908, Longitude: -110.7419 In this case, the coordinates for Higgins have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Meagher, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|