Welcome to Geyser ...
Geyser is located in Judith Basin County<1>.
Geyser is 4,180 feet [1,274 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Geyser is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Geyser lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Geyser is located in the (406) area code.
The ZIP code for Geyser: 59447<3>
Communities Also Named Geyser ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Geyser - they are located in Manitoba and Nevada.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Geyser.
Communities near Geyser ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Geyser.
- Stanford [Judith Basin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stanford
- Stanford [Judith Basin County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southeast of Geyser
- Population from the 2020 Census: 389 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stanford have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stanford
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Stanford<6>
- Raynesford [Judith Basin County]
- Arrow Creek [Judith Basin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arrow Creek
- Arrow Creek [Judith Basin County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the east of Geyser
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arrow Creek
- Armington Junction [Cascade County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Armington Junction
- Armington Junction [Cascade County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Geyser
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Armington Junction
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Monarch [Cascade County]
- Armington [Cascade County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Armington
- Armington [Cascade County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the west of Geyser
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Armington
- Coffee Creek [Fergus County]
- Windham [Judith Basin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Windham
- Windham [Judith Basin County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the southeast of Geyser
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Windham
- Belt [Cascade County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Belt
- Belt [Cascade County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Geyser
- Population from the 2020 Census: 568 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Belt have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Belt
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Belt<6>
- Big Sag [Chouteau County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Sag
- Big Sag [Chouteau County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Geyser
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Sag
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Geyser. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Geyser.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Geyser. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Geyser.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Geyser. See our Newspapers Page for Geyser.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Geyser ...
Looking for more information about Geyser? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Geyser, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Geyser.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Montana
About Judith Basin County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Geyser. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Judith Basin, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Geyser - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Geyser). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Geyser or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Geyser) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Geyser. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from GeyserOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Geyser. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.2607, Longitude: -110.4959 |
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|