Welcome to Emigrant ...
Emigrant is located in Park County<1>.
Emigrant is 4,880 feet [1,487 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Emigrant is about 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Emigrant lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Emigrant lies within the (406) area code.
The ZIP code for Emigrant: 59027<3>
Communities near Emigrant ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Emigrant.
- White City [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White City
- White City [Park County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southeast of Emigrant
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for White City have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White City
- Pine Creek [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Creek
- Pine Creek [Park County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Emigrant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Creek
- Chestnut [Gallatin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chestnut
- Chestnut [Gallatin County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the north of Emigrant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chestnut
- Jardine [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jardine
- Jardine [Park County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the south of Emigrant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jardine
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Livingston [Park County]
- Gardiner [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gardiner
- Gardiner [Park County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the south of Emigrant
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gardiner have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gardiner
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gardiner<6>
- Big Sky Canyon Village [Gallatin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Sky Canyon Village
- Big Sky Canyon Village [Gallatin County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the west of Emigrant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Sky Canyon Village
- Bozeman [Gallatin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bozeman
- Bozeman [Gallatin County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Emigrant
- Population from the 2020 Census: 50,970 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bozeman have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bozeman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bozeman<6>
- Catron [Gallatin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Catron
- Catron [Gallatin County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Emigrant
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Catron
- Gallatin Gateway [Gallatin County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Emigrant. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Emigrant.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Emigrant. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Emigrant.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Emigrant. See our Newspapers Page for Emigrant.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Emigrant ...
Looking for more information about Emigrant? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Emigrant, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Emigrant.
Adding Emigrant to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Emigrant in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Emigrant was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
We also found Emigrant on a map titled Shell Oil Map of Montana (1951).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Emigrant on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Montana
About Park County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Emigrant. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Park County: www.parkcounty.org/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Park, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Emigrant - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Emigrant). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Emigrant or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Emigrant) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Emigrant. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EmigrantOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Emigrant. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.3691, Longitude: -110.7346 |
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|