Around Ekalaka ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Baker. It is located about 35 miles [56 km] to the north of Ekalaka. Baker has a population of 1,900 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Plevna.
It is located about 36 miles [ km] to the north of Ekalaka and has a population of 140 people.
For comparison, Ekalaka has a population of 370 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Baker [Fallon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baker
- Baker [Fallon County] lies 35 miles [56.3 km]<2> to the north of Ekalaka
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,897 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Baker have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baker
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Baker<4>
- Capitol [Carter County]
- Plevna [Fallon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plevna
- Plevna [Fallon County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the north of Ekalaka
- Population from the 2020 Census: 141 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plevna have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plevna
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Plevna<4>
- Powderville [Powder River County]
- Willard [Fallon County]
- Marmarth [Slope County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Marmarth
- Marmarth [Slope County] lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Ekalaka
- Population from the 2020 Census: 135 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Marmarth have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Marmarth
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Marmarth<4>
- Camp Crook [Harding County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Camp Crook
- Camp Crook [Harding County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Ekalaka
- Population from the 2020 Census: 66 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Camp Crook have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Camp Crook
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Camp Crook<4>
For more communities neighboring Ekalaka, please visit our County-by-County Page for Ekalaka.
Carter County ...
Ekalaka is located in Carter County<5> and is the County Seat.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Carter County: Custer, Fallon, Powder River, Butte (SD), Harding (SD) & Crook (WY).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Ekalaka ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Ekalaka.
Airports Near Ekalaka ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Ekalaka and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Ekalaka.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Ekalaka ...
Looking for more information about Ekalaka? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Ekalaka. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Ekalaka, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Ekalaka.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Montana
About Carter County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Ekalaka. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Ekalaka.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Ekalaka) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Ekalaka. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from EkalakaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Ekalaka. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 45.8894, Longitude: -104.5507 In this case, the coordinates for Ekalaka have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Carter, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Ekalaka), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|