Around Crain Place ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Miles City. It is located about 33 miles [53 km] to the northeast of Crain Place. Miles City has a population of 8,200 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Colstrip.
It is located about 18 miles [ km] to the southwest of Crain Place and has a population of 2,200 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Crain Place.<2>
- Ashland [Rosebud County]
- Colstrip [Rosebud County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Colstrip
- Colstrip [Rosebud County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Crain Place
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,217 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Colstrip
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Colstrip<3>
- Forsyth [Rosebud County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Forsyth
- Forsyth [Rosebud County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Crain Place
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,752 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Forsyth have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forsyth
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Forsyth<3>
- Lame Deer [Rosebud County]
- Miles City [Custer County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Miles City
- Miles City [Custer County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Crain Place
- Population from the 2020 Census: 8,181 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Miles City have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miles City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Miles City<3>
- Rosebud [Rosebud County]
- Volborg [Custer County]
For more communities neighboring Crain Place, please visit our County-by-County Page for Crain Place.
Rosebud County ...
Crain Place is located in Rosebud County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Rosebud County: Big Horn, Custer, Garfield, Musselshell, Petroleum, Powder River, Treasure & Yellowstone.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Crain Place ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Crain Place.
Airports Near Crain Place ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Crain Place and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Crain Place.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Montana:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Crain Place
Communities in Montana
About Rosebud County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Crain Place. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Crain Place.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Crain Place) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Crain Place. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.0439, Longitude: -106.3100 In this case, the coordinates for Crain Place have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Rosebud, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Crain Place), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|