Welcome to Cable City ...
So far, we found very little information about Cable City. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Cable City to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Cable City, please Contact Us.
Cable City would have been located within present day Deer Lodge County<2>.
The location of Cable City has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Cable City is 6,580 feet [2,006 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the elevation of Cable City is 1¼ mile [or 2 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Cable City was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Cable City would have been located in the (406) area code.
Communities Also Named Cable City ...
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Cable City.
Communities near Cable City ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Cable City.
- Anaconda - Deer Lodge County
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anaconda - Deer Lodge County
- Anaconda - Deer Lodge County lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the southeast of Cable City.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 9,204 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Anaconda - Deer Lodge County came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anaconda - Deer Lodge County
- Granite ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Granite
- Granite was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the north of Cable City.
- Stump Town
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stump Town
- Stump Town lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the east of Cable City.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Stump Town have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stump Town
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunnyside
- Sunnyside lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the southeast of Cable City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunnyside
- Mine Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mine Creek
- Mine Creek lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the east of Cable City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mine Creek
- French Town
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for French Town
- French Town lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the southeast of Cable City.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for French Town have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on French Town
- Warm Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Warm Springs
- Warm Springs lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the east of Cable City.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Warm Springs
- Fairmont Hot Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fairmont Hot Springs
- Fairmont Hot Springs lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<5> to the southeast of Cable City.
- Fairmont Hot Springs has also been known as:
- Gregson Fairmont Hot Springs
- Gregson Hot Springs
- Gregson Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairmont Hot Springs
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Cable City. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Cable City.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Cable City. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Cable City.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Cable City. See our Newspapers Page for Cable City.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Cable City, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Deer Lodge, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Cable City - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Cable City) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Cable City. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Cable CityOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Cable City. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.1952, Longitude: -113.2092 In this case, the coordinates for Cable City have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<6>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|