Census Data for Box Elder ...
As far as we can tell, Box Elder has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Box Elder, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Big Sandy [Chouteau County]
- Havre [Hill County]
- Hingham [Hill County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hingham
- Hingham [Hill County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Box Elder
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hingham have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hingham
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hingham<2>
- Chinook [Blaine County]
Chouteau County ...
Box Elder is primarily located in Chouteau County<4>. A portion of Box Elder extends into Hill County.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Chouteau County.
Miscellaneous Information for Box Elder ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Chouteau County or the community of Box Elder:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Box Elder:
- GNIS ID for Box Elder: 802050
- GNIS ID for Chouteau County: 1719619
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Box Elder is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Box Elder, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Box Elder. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Box Elder:59521<5>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Box Elder.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Montana
About Chouteau County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Box Elder. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Chouteau County: www.co.chouteau.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Box Elder) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Box Elder. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Box ElderOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Box Elder. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.3177, Longitude: -110.0143 |
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Chouteau, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<5>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Box Elder or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|