Census Data for Basin ...
As far as we can tell, Basin has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Basin, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Boulder [Jefferson County]
- Walkerville [Silver Bow County]
- Deer Lodge [Powell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Lodge
- Deer Lodge [Powell County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the west of Basin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deer Lodge have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Lodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Deer Lodge<2>
- Helena [Lewis and Clark County]
- East Helena [Lewis and Clark County]
- Whitehall [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Whitehall
- Whitehall [Jefferson County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the south of Basin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Whitehall have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Whitehall
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Whitehall<2>
- Butte - Silver Bow [Silver Bow County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Butte - Silver Bow
- Butte - Silver Bow [Silver Bow County] lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<1> to the southwest of Basin
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 34,207 people. This represents a 2.03% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 33,525 people.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Butte - Silver Bow have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Butte - Silver Bow
- Townsend [Broadwater County]
- Continue List (119 more) ...
- Anaconda-Deer Lodge County [Deer Lodge County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Anaconda-Deer Lodge County
- Anaconda-Deer Lodge County [Deer Lodge County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<1> to the west of Basin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Anaconda-Deer Lodge County came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Anaconda-Deer Lodge County
Jefferson County ...
Basin is located in Jefferson County<5>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Jefferson County.
Miscellaneous Information for Basin ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Jefferson County or the community of Basin:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Basin:
- GNIS ID for Basin: 800393
- GNIS ID for Jefferson County: 1720045
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Basin is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Basin.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Montana
About Jefferson County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Basin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Jefferson County: www.co.jefferson.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Basin) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Basin. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from BasinOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Basin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 46.2713, Longitude: -112.2636 In this case, the coordinates for Basin have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Jefferson, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|