Welcome to Anad ...
So far, we have found very little information about Anad. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Anad to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Anad, please Contact Us.
Anad would have been located within present day Garfield County<2>.
The location of Anad has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Anad is 2,940 feet [896 m] above sea level.<4> In other words, the altitude of Anad is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Anad was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Anad once stood is in the (406) area code.
Communities near Anad ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Anad.
- Sand Springs [Garfield County]
- Brusett [Garfield County]
- Jordan [Garfield County]
- Mosby [Garfield County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Muscleshell City [Petroleum County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Muscleshell City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Muscleshell City
- Muscleshell City [Petroleum County] was located 31 miles [49.9 km]<5> to the northwest of Anad
- Cat Creek [Petroleum County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cat Creek
- Cat Creek [Petroleum County] lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<5> to the west of Anad
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cat Creek
- Cohagen [Garfield County]
- Sumatra [Rosebud County]
- Ingomar [Rosebud County]
- Melstone [Musselshell County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Melstone have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Melstone
- Melstone [Musselshell County] lies 50 miles [80.5 km]<5> to the southwest of Anad
- Estimated population in 2018: 107 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Melstone
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Melstone<6>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Anad. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Anad.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Anad. See our Newspapers Page for Anad.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Montana
About Garfield County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Anad, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Garfield, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Anad - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Anad) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Anad. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.2275, Longitude: -107.3329 In this case, the coordinates for Anad have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|