Welcome to Killarney ...
The town of Killarney is 1,620 feet [494 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Killarney lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC), CDT- Heure Avancée du Centre (HAC).
Killarney is located in the (204) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Killarney: R0K<2>
Communities Also Named Killarney ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 9 communities that are also named Killarney - they are located in Alberta, British Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Nova Scotia, Ontario (3) and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Killarney.
Communities near Killarney ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Killarney.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Boissevain
- Boissevain lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<3> to the west of Killarney
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Boissevain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Boissevain
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Boissevain<5>
- Saint John [Rolette County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint John
- Saint John [Rolette County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the south of Killarney
- Population from the 2020 Census: 341 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint John have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint John
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint John<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cartwright
- Cartwright lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the east of Killarney
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cartwright
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lyonshall
- Lyonshall lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the west of Killarney
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lyonshall
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Holmfield
- Holmfield lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the east of Killarney
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holmfield
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ninga
- Ninga lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the west of Killarney
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ninga came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ninga
- Wakopa - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wakopa
- Wakopa was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the southwest of Killarney
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Wakopa. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Bannerman - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bannerman
- Bannerman was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the southwest of Killarney
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Bannerman. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Strathcona Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strathcona Park
- Strathcona Park lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<3> to the northeast of Killarney
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strathcona Park
- Desford - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Desford
- Desford was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<3> to the west of Killarney
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Desford. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Killarney. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Killarney.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Killarney. See our Newspapers Page for Killarney.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Killarney ...
Looking for more information about Killarney? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Killarney, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Killarney.
Adding Killarney to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Killarney was
We also found Killarney on a map titled Shell Oil Road Map for North Dakota (1949).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Killarney on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Manitoba
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Killarney. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Manitoba: https://www.gov.mb.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Killarney - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Killarney). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Killarney or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Killarney) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Killarney. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KillarneyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Killarney. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1818, Longitude: -99.6657 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|