Welcome to Alexandria ...
So far, we have found very little information about Alexandria. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Alexandria to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Alexandria, please Contact Us.
We aren't confident of the location of Alexandria, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
We don't have a date for the establishment of Alexandria.
Time Zone: The area where Alexandria was located is in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC).
If Alexandria still existed, it would have been in the (204) area code.
Communities Also Named Alexandria ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 24 communities that are also named Alexandria - they are located in Alabama, British Columbia, Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky (2), Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri (3), Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio (3), Ontario, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee and Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alexandria.
Communities near Alexandria ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alexandria.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winkler
- Winkler lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the east of Alexandria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Winkler came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winkler
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Winkler<5>
- Walhalla [Pembina County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Walhalla
- Walhalla [Pembina County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the southeast of Alexandria
- Population from the 2020 Census: 887 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Walhalla have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walhalla
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Walhalla<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Mountain City - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mountain City
- Mountain City was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<3> to the northeast of Alexandria
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mountain City. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Brown
- Brown lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the south of Alexandria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Brown came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Brown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thornhill
- Thornhill lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the north of Alexandria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thornhill came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thornhill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Darlingford
- Darlingford lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Alexandria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Darlingford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darlingford
- Mowbray - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mowbray
- Mowbray was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the west of Alexandria
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glencross
- Glencross lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the east of Alexandria
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Glencross came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glencross
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Alexandria. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Alexandria.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Alexandria. See our Newspapers Page for Alexandria.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Manitoba
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of Manitoba: https://www.gov.mb.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Alexandria, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alexandria) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alexandria. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlexandriaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alexandria. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1192, Longitude: -98.2236 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|