Welcome to Alexander ...
Time Zone: Alexander lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: CST- Heure Normale du Centre (HNC), CDT- Heure Avancée du Centre (HAC).
Note: If you travel west from Alexander (for example, toward Maryfield (SK)), you will leave Central Time and cross into the Central Standard Time Zone (CST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
The area code for Alexander: (204)
The Canadian Postal Code for Alexander: R0K<1>
Adding Alexander to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Alexander was on a map titled Road Map for Manitoba and Saskatchewan (from Shell Oil, 1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Alexander on our Genealogy Page.
Communities Also Named Alexander ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 28 communities that are also named Alexander - they are located in Alabama, Alberta, Arkansas (2), Colorado, Georgia (2), Idaho, Illinois (2), Iowa, Kansas (2), Kentucky (2), Maine, Michigan (2), Mississippi, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio (2), South Carolina, Texas and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alexander.
Communities near Alexander ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alexander.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rivers
- Rivers lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of Alexander
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rivers
- Sioux Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sioux Valley
- Sioux Valley lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the west of Alexander
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sioux Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sioux Valley
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Oak Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oak Lake
- Oak Lake lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the west of Alexander
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oak Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oak Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oak Lake<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ashbury
- Ashbury lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Alexander
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ashbury came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ashbury
- Terence - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Terence
- Terence was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> to the south of Alexander
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Terence. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kemnay
- Kemnay lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the east of Alexander
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kemnay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kemnay
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kemnay<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beresford
- Beresford lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Alexander
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beresford came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beresford
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Griswold
- Griswold lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Alexander
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Griswold
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alexander ...
Looking for more information about Alexander? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Alexander, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Alexander.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Manitoba
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alexander. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of Manitoba: https://www.gov.mb.ca/
|<1>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Alexander, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Alexander). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Alexander or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alexander) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alexander. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AlexanderOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alexander. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.8315, Longitude: -100.2952 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|