Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Asylum, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Asylum and the surrounding area.
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Tippecanoe County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Tippecanoe County
Communities Also Named Asylum ...
We have found six communities that share the name Asylum.
Within Indiana, the name Asylum is unique.
Beyond Indiana, we know of another six communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Mendocino County
- Please visit our profile page for the California community of Asylum [Mendocino County].
- Baldwin County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Georgia community of Asylum [Baldwin County].
- Fayette County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Kentucky community of Asylum [Fayette County].
- Baltimore County
- Please visit our profile page for the Maryland community of Asylum [Baltimore County].
- North Carolina
- Wayne County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the North Carolina community of Asylum [Wayne County].
- Bradford County
- Please visit our profile page for the Pennsylvania community of Asylum [Bradford County].
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Asylum
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Indiana
About Tippecanoe County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Tippecanoe County: www.co.tippecanoe.in.us/
The official website for State of Indiana: https://www.in.gov
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Rock Creek to see Pete ... Rock Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Asylum could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.