Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Alandale.
Our newspaper information for Alandale is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Alandale. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Alandale. Our list contains 132 papers that were published within 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> of Alandale.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Alandale.
Newspapers Neighboring Alandale ...
The following newspapers were published within 17 miles [27.4 km] of Alandale.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Alandale.
- Published In Alton [Madison County] ...
- We know of 49 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Alton. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Alton
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> of Alandale. This extended list includes all the papers from Alton. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Alandale
- Published In Brighton [Macoupin County] ...
- The Brighton Advance (from 1871)
- The Brighton News
- The Southwestern Journal News (from ????)
- Published In Wood River [Madison County] ...
- The Journal Of Wood River Township (from 19??)
- The Journal (from 1937)
- The Wood River Journal (from 1920)
- Wood River Daily Press (from 19??)
- Published In Grafton [Jersey County] ...
- Grafton Reporter (from 1849)
- The first year of publication was in 1849, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 23198979
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Grafton Reporter
- Holdings for: LCCN SN91054559
- The Backwoodsman (from 1837)
- The Grafton Phoenix (from 1842)
- Continue List (10 more) ...
- Published In Florissant [Saint Louis County] ...
- Florissant Valley Reporter (from 1950)
- The Florissant News (from 1911)
- The Florissant Valley Reporter (from 1966)
- The Independent News (from 1987)
- Published In Jerseyville [Jersey County] ...
- Democrat News American Journal (from 1985)
- Democrat News (from 1962)
- Jersey County Democrat-News (from 1939)
- Jersey County Democrat (from 1865)
- Jersey County Journal (from 2001)
- Jersey County News Jersey County Democrat (from 1939)
- Jersey County News (from 1927)
- Jerseyville Prairie-State (from 1850)
- Jerseyville Republican (from 18??)
- News Journal (from 1985)
- The Backwoodsman And Jersey And Greene Counties' Advertiser (from 1838)
- The Daily Democrat (from 1896)
- The Democratic Union (from 1857)
- The Jersey County Star (from 1996)
- The Jersey Independent (from 18??)
- The Jerseyville Examiner (from 1878)
- The Prairie State (from 1850)
- The Republican-Examiner (from 188?)
- The Western Monitor (from 1847)
- Published In Ferguson [Saint Louis County] ...
- Ferguson Herald (from 1955)
- Ferguson Reporter (from 1960)
- Ferguson Town Talk (from 19??)
- St. Louis County Spirit (from 1964)
- The Ferguson Blade (from 191?)
- The Spirit Of Ferguson (from 1960)
- The Spirit Of St. Louis County (from 1964)
- The Spirit (from 1964)
- The Town Talk (from 192?)
- The Town Talk (from 1947)
- Published In Shipman [Macoupin County] ...
- Maroon And Gold (from 1927)
- True Flag (from 187?)
- Published In Baden [Saint Louis City] ...
- The Baden News (from 1927)
- Published In Jennings [Saint Louis County] ...
- The Jennings News (from 1945)
- Published In Bunker Hill [Macoupin County] ...
- Bunker Hill Gazette (from 1871)
- Red And White (from 1927)
- The Bunker Hill Gazette-News (from 1905)
- The Bunker Hill News (from 18??)
- The Macoupin County Advance (from 18??)
- The Union Gazette (from 1866)
- Published In Edwardsville [Madison County] ...
- Edwardsville Democrat (from 1882)
- Edwardsville Journal (from 1965)
- Edwardsville Journal (from 1975)
- Edwardsville Republican (from 1869)
- Edwardsville Spectator (from 1819)
- Illinois Corrector (from 1827)
- Illinois Republican (from 1823)
- Madison County Anzeiger (from 1875)
- Madison County Journal (from 1969)
- Madison Weekly Advertiser (from 185?)
- Star Of The West (from 1822)
- The Crisis (from 1830)
- The Edwardsville Intelligencer (from 1868)
- The Edwardsville Times (from 1881)
- The Madison County Courier (from 1865)
- The Madison County Daily News (from 1963)
- The Madison County News (from 1933)
- The Madison Intelligencer (from 1862)
- The Weekly Madison Press (from 1858)
- Published In Granite City [Madison County] ...
- Granite City Post (from 19??)
- Granite City Press And Herald (from 1908)
- Granite City Press-Record Journal Sunday (from 1985)
- Granite City Press-Record (from 1912)
- Granite City Press (from 1903)
- Naroden Glas = National Herald (from 1907)
- Naroden Glas National Herald (from 19??)
- The Granite City Herald (from 1906)
- The Jewish Bulletin Of Southern Illinois (from 1936)
- Published In Medora [Macoupin County] ...
- Medora Cross Roads (from 188?)
- Medora Messenger
- The first year of publication is unknown, with the last issue in 1926
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 15907444
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Medora Messenger
- Holdings for: LCCN SN87082818
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Alandale
Search for a Community located in Illinois
About Madison County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Alandale. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Madison County: www.co.madison.il.us/
The official website for State of Illinois: https://illinois.gov
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alandale) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alandale. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 38.9389, Longitude: -90.2293 In this case, the coordinates for Alandale have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|