Around Wakulla Springs ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Tallahassee. It is located about 14 miles [22 km] to the north of Wakulla Springs. Tallahassee has a population of 196,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Quincy.
It is located about 29 miles [ km] to the northwest of Wakulla Springs and has a population of 6,800 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Wakulla Springs.<2>
- Capitola [Leon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Capitola
- Capitola [Leon County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northeast of Wakulla Springs
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Capitola
- Crawfordville [Wakulla County]
- Havana [Gadsden County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Havana
- Havana [Gadsden County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the north of Wakulla Springs
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,695 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Havana
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Havana<3>
- Lanark Village [Franklin County]
- Lloyd [Jefferson County]
- Midway [Gadsden County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Midway
- Midway [Gadsden County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Wakulla Springs
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,956 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Midway
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Midway<3>
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Panacea [Wakulla County]
- Saint Marks [Wakulla County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Marks
- Saint Marks [Wakulla County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Wakulla Springs
- Population from the 2020 Census: 333 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Marks
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Saint Marks<3>
- Saint Teresa [Franklin County]
- Sopchoppy [Wakulla County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sopchoppy
- Sopchoppy [Wakulla County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the southwest of Wakulla Springs
- Population from the 2020 Census: 500 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sopchoppy
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sopchoppy<3>
- Tallahassee [Leon County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tallahassee
- Tallahassee [Leon County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the north of Wakulla Springs
- Population from the 2020 Census: 196,326 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tallahassee
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tallahassee<3>
- Thomas City [Jefferson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Thomas City
- Thomas City [Jefferson County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Wakulla Springs
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Thomas City have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Thomas City
- Wacissa [Jefferson County]
- Waukeenah [Jefferson County]
- Woodville [Leon County]
For more communities neighboring Wakulla Springs, please visit our County-by-County Page for Wakulla Springs.
Wakulla County ...
Wakulla Springs is located in Wakulla County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Wakulla County: Franklin, Jefferson, Leon & Liberty.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Wakulla Springs ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Wakulla Springs.
Airports Near Wakulla Springs ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Wakulla Springs and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Wakulla Springs.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Wakulla Springs ...
Looking for more information about Wakulla Springs? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Wakulla Springs. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Wakulla Springs, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Wakulla Springs.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Florida:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Florida
About Wakulla County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Wakulla Springs. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Florida: www.myflorida.com/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Wakulla Springs.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Wakulla Springs) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Wakulla Springs. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Wakulla SpringsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Wakulla Springs. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 30.2334, Longitude: -84.3027 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Florida's counties, including Wakulla, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Wakulla Springs), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|