Welcome to Achackwaithle ...
So far, we have found very little information about Achackwaithle. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Achackwaithle to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Achackwaithle, please Contact Us.
Achackwaithle would have been located within present day Franklin County<2>.
The location of Achackwaithle has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Achackwaithle is near sea level<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Achackwaithle was located is in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel west from Achackwaithle (for example, toward Port Saint Joe), you will leave Eastern Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
The location where Achackwaithle once stood is in the (850) area code.
Communities near Achackwaithle ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Achackwaithle.
- Port Saint Joe [Gulf County]
- Apalachicola [Franklin County]
- Bay City [Franklin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bay City
- Bay City [Franklin County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<5> to the south of Achackwaithle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bay City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bay City
- Eastpoint [Franklin County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- White City [Gulf County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for White City
- White City [Gulf County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the west of Achackwaithle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for White City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on White City
- Sumatra [Liberty County]
- Carrabelle [Franklin County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carrabelle
- Carrabelle [Franklin County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<5> to the east of Achackwaithle
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,820 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carrabelle
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Carrabelle<6>
- Wewahitchka [Gulf County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wewahitchka
- Wewahitchka [Gulf County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<5> to the northwest of Achackwaithle
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,133 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wewahitchka
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wewahitchka<6>
- Central City [Liberty County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Central City
- Central City [Liberty County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<5> to the north of Achackwaithle
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Central City have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Central City
- Lanark Village [Franklin County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Achackwaithle. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Achackwaithle.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Achackwaithle. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Achackwaithle.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Achackwaithle. See our Newspapers Page for Achackwaithle.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Florida
About Franklin County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Franklin County: www.franklincountyflorida.com/
The official website for State of Florida: www.myflorida.com/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Achackwaithle, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Florida's counties, including Franklin, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Achackwaithle - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Achackwaithle) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Achackwaithle. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 29.8252, Longitude: -85.0166 In this case, the coordinates for Achackwaithle have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|