Welcome to Dyersville ...
So far, we have found very little information about Dyersville. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Dyersville to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Dyersville, please Contact Us.
Dyersville would have been located within present day Summit County<2>.
Dyersville was settled in 1881.
The origin (or the toponymy) of Dyersville: Named after John Lewis Dyer.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Dyersville is 10,870 feet [3,313 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Dyersville is about 2 miles [or ~3¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Dyersville was located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Dyersville would have been located in the (970) area code.
Communities Also Named Dyersville ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Dyersville - it's located in Iowa.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Dyersville.
Communities near Dyersville ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Dyersville.
- Breckenridge [Summit County]
- Silverthorne [Summit County]
- Frisco [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Frisco
- Frisco [Summit County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Dyersville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,874 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Frisco have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Frisco
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Frisco<5>
- Dillon [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dillon
- Dillon [Summit County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Dyersville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 967 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dillon have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dillon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dillon<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Blue River [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blue River
- Blue River [Summit County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Dyersville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 928 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blue River have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blue River
- Fairplay [Park County]
- Alma [Park County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alma
- Alma [Park County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Dyersville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 329 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alma
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Alma<5>
- Montezuma [Summit County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Montezuma
- Montezuma [Summit County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Dyersville
- Population from the 2020 Census: 75 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Montezuma
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Montezuma<5>
- Wild Irishman [Summit County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wild Irishman
- Wild Irishman [Summit County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Dyersville
- Wild Irishman has also been known as:
- Preston Mill
- Swandyke [Summit County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Swandyke
- Swandyke [Summit County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Dyersville
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Swandyke. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Dyersville. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Dyersville.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Dyersville. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Dyersville.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Dyersville. See our Newspapers Page for Dyersville.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Dyersville
Search for a Community located in Colorado
About Summit County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Summit County: www.co.summit.co.us/
The official website for State of Colorado: https://www.colorado.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Dyersville, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Colorado's counties, including Summit, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Dyersville - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Dyersville) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Dyersville. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from DyersvilleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Dyersville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.4207, Longitude: -105.9838 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|