Welcome to Pleasant Camp ...
Although we found mention of Pleasant Camp during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> We believe that Pleasant Camp had a post office at one time. We have done a cursory search and haven't been able to find any evidence that the community still exists..
We've added Pleasant Camp to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Pleasant Camp, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Pleasant Camp might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Note: If you travel east from Pleasant Camp, you will soon leave Pacific Time and cross into the Alaskan Time Zone (AKST/AKDT).
We believe that Pleasant Camp would be found within the (250) and (778)<2> area codes.
Communities near Pleasant Camp ...
We have created a list of 7 communities that are near Pleasant Camp.
- Mosquito Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mosquito Lake
- Mosquito Lake lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the east of Pleasant Camp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mosquito Lake have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mosquito Lake
- Covenant Life
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Covenant Life
- Covenant Life lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the east of Pleasant Camp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Covenant Life have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Covenant Life
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wells
- Wells lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the east of Pleasant Camp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wells
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chilkat
- Chilkat lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the east of Pleasant Camp
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chilkat
- Continue List (3 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Klukwan
- Klukwan lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the east of Pleasant Camp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Klukwan have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Klukwan
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We're compiling a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Pleasant Camp. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Pleasant Camp.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Pleasant Camp. See our Newspapers Page for Pleasant Camp.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Pleasant Camp ...
Looking for more information about Pleasant Camp? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Pleasant Camp, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Pleasant Camp.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Pleasant Camp and then turned west". While Pleasant Camp could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Pleasant Camp as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Pleasant Camp could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pleasant Camp) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pleasant Camp. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.5000, Longitude: -136.4667
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|