Our Genealogy Helper for Paradise Point ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Paradise Point (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Paradise Point. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for Paradise Point ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
For example, a typical abbreviation for Paradise Point: Paradise Pt.
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we first visit the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Paradise Point:
- Websites specific to British Columbia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for British Columbia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from British Columbia
Cemeteries Near Paradise Point ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Paradise Point.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Paradise Point covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Tappen Cemetery
- Mara Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mara Cemetery
- Mara Cemetery lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Paradise Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mara Cemetery
- Mt. Ida Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Ida Cemetery
- Mt. Ida Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southwest of Paradise Point.
- Mt. Ida Cemetery has also been known as:
- Salmon Arm Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Ida Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2228240<2>
- Eagle Valley & District Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Eagle Valley & District Cemetery
- Eagle Valley & District Cemetery lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the northeast of Paradise Point.
- Eagle Valley & District Cemetery has also been known as:
- Solsqua - Cambie Cemetery
- Solsqua Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagle Valley & District Cemetery
- Blind Bay Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Blind Bay Cemetery
- Blind Bay Cemetery lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the northwest of Paradise Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blind Bay Cemetery
- North Shuswap Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the North Shuswap Cemetery
- North Shuswap Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Paradise Point.
- North Shuswap Cemetery has also been known as:
- Celista Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Shuswap Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2512581<2>
- Continue List ...
- Notch Hill Cemetery
- St. Mary's Anglican - United Church Cemetery
- Cliffside Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Cliffside Cemetery
- Cliffside Cemetery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the south of Paradise Point.
- Cliffside Cemetery has also been known as:
- Cliffside Cemetery
- Enderby Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cliffside Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2295960<2>
- Malakwa Cemetery
- Hullcar Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Hullcar Cemetery
- Hullcar Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the south of Paradise Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hullcar Cemetery
- Lansdowne Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Lansdowne Cemetery
- Lansdowne Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the south of Paradise Point.
- Lansdowne Cemetery has also been known as:
- Lansdown Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lansdowne Cemetery
- Chase Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Chase Cemetery
- Chase Cemetery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the west of Paradise Point.
- Chase Cemetery has also been known as:
- Chase Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chase Cemetery
- Armstrong Spallumcheen Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Armstrong Spallumcheen Cemetery
- Armstrong Spallumcheen Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the south of Paradise Point.
- Armstrong Spallumcheen Cemetery has also been known as:
- Armstrong Cemetery
- Armstrong Municipal Cemetery
- Armstrong / Spallumcheen Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Armstrong Spallumcheen Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2271558<2>
- Coburn Family Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Coburn Family Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Coburn Family Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Coburn Family Cemetery lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the west of Paradise Point.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coburn Family Cemetery
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Paradise Point. See our List of 1890's Communities around Paradise Point.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Paradise Point. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Paradise Point) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Paradise Point. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Paradise PointOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Paradise Point. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.8012, Longitude: -119.1704 |
|<2>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|