Communities Also Named Mount Baldy ...
We have found one communities that share the name Mount Baldy.
Within British Columbia, the name Mount Baldy is unique.
Beyond British Columbia, there is another community also named Mount Baldy in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Los Angeles County
- This Mount Baldy is located in Los Angeles County and lies 1,033 miles [1,662.5 km]<1> to the south.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Baldy
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Los Angeles County community of Mount Baldy.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Mount Baldy ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bridesville
- Bridesville lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Mount Baldy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bridesville came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bridesville
- Deadwood - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deadwood
- Deadwood was located 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the east of Mount Baldy
- Eagle Bluff
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle Bluff
- Eagle Bluff lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northwest of Mount Baldy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eagle Bluff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagle Bluff
- Continue List (5 more) ...
- Kettle Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kettle Valley
- Kettle Valley lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the east of Mount Baldy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kettle Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kettle Valley
- Molson [Okanogan County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Molson
- Molson [Okanogan County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the south of Mount Baldy
- Nighthawk [Okanogan County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nighthawk
- Nighthawk [Okanogan County] was located 22 miles [35.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Mount Baldy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nighthawk have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oliver
- Oliver lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the west of Mount Baldy
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oliver came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oliver
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oliver<3>
- Rock Creek
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Mount Baldy. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Margaret Alexis Smith (Actress, singer)
- Actress, singer. She was born in Penticton (BC) on June 8, 1921 (a Wednesday) and died in Los Angeles (CA) on June 9, 1993 (a Wednesday) at the age of 72. The body was cremated.
- Penticton is located 28 miles [45.1 km] to the northwest of Mount Baldy.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Margaret Alexis Smith<5>
How Far From Mount Baldy to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Mount Baldy to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Mount Baldy and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Victoria, which is the Provincial Capital of British Columbia, lies 193 miles [310.6 km]<1> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Mount Baldy to Victoria, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,026 miles [3,260.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 4 days, a buggy would take 80 days and walking would take 116 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,624 miles [10,660.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,388 miles [11,889.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,492 miles [8,838.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mount Baldy. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mount Baldy) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mount Baldy. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mount BaldyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mount Baldy. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1525, Longitude: -119.2389 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Mount Baldy to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.39 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 339.646 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 325.587 degrees.||