Curious and Interesting Names Near Margaret Bay ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Dawsons Landing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dawsons Landing
- Dawsons Landing lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Margaret Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Dawsons Landing came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dawsons Landing
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dawsons Landing<3>
- Good Hope
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Good Hope
- Good Hope lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the north of Margaret Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Good Hope came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Good Hope
- Goose Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goose Bay
- Goose Bay lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Margaret Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Goose Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goose Bay
- Provincial Cannery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Provincial Cannery
- Provincial Cannery lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the north of Margaret Bay
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Provincial Cannery came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Provincial Cannery
How Far From Margaret Bay to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Margaret Bay to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Margaret Bay and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Victoria, which is the Provincial Capital of British Columbia, lies 271 miles [436.1 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Margaret Bay to Victoria, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 16 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 11 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,359 miles [3,796.4 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 93 days and walking would take 134 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,596 miles [10,615.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,347 miles [11,823.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,557 miles [8,943.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Margaret Bay. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Margaret Bay) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Margaret Bay. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Margaret BayOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Margaret Bay. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 51.3167, Longitude: -127.5000 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Margaret Bay to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 345.317 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 347.707 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 330.951 degrees.||