Communities Also Named Kelly Lake ...
We have found three communities that share the name Kelly Lake.
There are two communities within British Columbia that are also named Kelly Lake.
Beyond British Columbia, there is another community also named Kelly Lake in Canada and the United States.
- Communities Located In British Columbia ...
- The profile page for Kelly Lake #1
- This Kelly Lake lies 284 miles [457.1 km]<1> to the south southwest.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelly Lake
- The profile page for Kelly Lake #2
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the British Columbia community of Kelly Lake.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Saint Louis County
- This Kelly Lake is located in Saint Louis County and lies 1,269 miles [2,042.3 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kelly Lake
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Saint Louis County community of Kelly Lake.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Kelly Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaverlodge
- Beaverlodge lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<1> to the northeast of Kelly Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Beaverlodge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaverlodge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Beaverlodge<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goodfare
- Goodfare lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the northeast of Kelly Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Goodfare came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goodfare
- Tumbler Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tumbler Ridge
- Tumbler Ridge lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> to the west of Kelly Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tumbler Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tumbler Ridge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tumbler Ridge<4>
How Far From Kelly Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Kelly Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Kelly Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Victoria, which is the Provincial Capital of British Columbia, lies 475 miles [764.4 km]<1> to the south southwest (SSW). If you could drive a straight line from Kelly Lake to Victoria, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take most of a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 27 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 19 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,026 miles [3,260.5 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 4 days, a buggy would take 80 days and walking would take 116 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,259 miles [10,072.9 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,019 miles [11,296 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,178 miles [8,333.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a British Columbia Community
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Kelly Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Kelly Lake) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kelly Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Kelly LakeOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kelly Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.0000, Longitude: -120.0000 |
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Kelly Lake could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Kelly Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 339.138 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 340.865 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 325.352 degrees.||