Curious and Interesting Names Near Holberg ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bull Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bull Harbour
- Bull Harbour lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Holberg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bull Harbour
- Coal Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coal Harbour
- Coal Harbour lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the east of Holberg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coal Harbour came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coal Harbour
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coal Harbour<3>
- Elephant Crossing
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Elephant Crossing
- Elephant Crossing lies less than 2 miles<1> to the northwest of Holberg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Elephant Crossing came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Elephant Crossing
- Rumble Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rumble Beach
- Rumble Beach lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southeast of Holberg
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rumble Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rumble Beach
- Winter Harbour
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Winter Harbour
- Winter Harbour lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the south of Holberg
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Winter Harbour
How Far From Holberg to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Holberg to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Holberg and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Victoria, which is the Provincial Capital of British Columbia, lies 258 miles [415.2 km]<1> to the southeast (SE). If you could drive a straight line from Holberg to Victoria, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take four to five hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 15 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,391 miles [3,847.9 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take 5 days, a buggy would take 94 days and walking would take 136 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,646 miles [10,695.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,397 miles [11,904.3 km] and it lies to the north (N).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,608 miles [9,025.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Holberg. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Holberg) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Holberg. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from HolbergOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Holberg. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.6500, Longitude: -128.0167 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Holberg to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 345.734 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 348.162 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 331.359 degrees.||