Communities Also Named Clairmont ...
We have found six communities that share the name Clairmont.
Within British Columbia, the name Clairmont is unique.
Beyond British Columbia, we know of another six communities that are located throughout in Canada and the United States. Of these six communities, one is located in Canada and the other five communities are located in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- This Clairmont lies 106 miles [170.6 km]<1> to the southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clairmont
- New Jersey
- Hudson County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the New Jersey community of Clairmont [Hudson County].
- New Mexico
- Catron County
- This community is historic<3> and although located in Catron County, we don't know where within the .
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Catron County community of Clairmont.
- North Carolina
- Brunswick County
- This Clairmont is located in Brunswick County and lies 2,518 miles [4,052.3 km]<1> to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clairmont
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Brunswick County community of Clairmont.
- Wake County
- This Clairmont is located in Wake County and lies 2,407 miles [3,873.7 km] to the east southeast.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clairmont
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Wake County community of Clairmont.
- South Dakota
- Brown County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<2> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the South Dakota community of Clairmont [Brown County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Clairmont ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Bear Flat
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Flat
- Bear Flat lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the west of Clairmont
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bear Flat came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Flat
- Cecil Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cecil Lake
- Cecil Lake lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the east of Clairmont
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cecil Lake
- Charlie Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Charlie Lake
- Charlie Lake lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the northwest of Clairmont
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Charlie Lake
- Grand Haven
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Haven
- Grand Haven lies less than 2 miles<1> to the south of Clairmont
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Haven
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Rose Prairie
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rose Prairie
- Rose Prairie lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the north of Clairmont
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rose Prairie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rose Prairie
- Tower Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tower Lake
- Tower Lake lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Clairmont
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tower Lake
- Two Rivers
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Two Rivers
- Two Rivers lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the east of Clairmont
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Two Rivers came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Two Rivers
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Worth
- Worth lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the southwest of Clairmont
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Worth came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Worth
How Far From Clairmont to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Clairmont to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Clairmont and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Victoria, which is the Provincial Capital of British Columbia, lies 549 miles [883.5 km]<1> to the south southwest (SSW). If you could drive a straight line from Clairmont to Victoria, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 32 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 22 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,063 miles [3,320.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 4 days, a buggy would take 81 days and walking would take 118 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,190 miles [9,961.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 6,948 miles [11,181.7 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,126 miles [8,249.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Clairmont. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Clairmont) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Clairmont. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ClairmontOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Clairmont. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 56.2534, Longitude: -120.8949 |
|<2>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Clairmont could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<3>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Clairmont, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Clairmont to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 339.879 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 341.777 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 325.781 degrees.||