Our Genealogy Helper for Canyon Heights ...
We have a couple of goals for our Gazetteer:
- That it be a tool that can help us with planning our trips.
- That it also helps us to understand the community in which our ancestors lived, the community that was part of their daily lives.
By learning about Canyon Heights (and the surrounding area) during the time that our ancestors lived, we hope to have a better understanding of both their community and its relationship to their lifes. We hope that this tool helps to give us an insight into their world.
As we add data and organize our Gazetteer to help with our family research, we will be adding to this, our Genealogical Helper for Canyon Heights. While we don't have information that is specific to any given person or family, we intend to expand our understanding about where and how people lived.
Name Variations for Canyon Heights ...
When searching records, keep in mind that names and their spelling can change over time. Our sources include documents like maps, railroad schedules, Travel, Express and Shipping Guides. Many of these documents date from the 1800's and it's common to find spelling differences.
Although we can't give a definitive list, hopefully the following will give you a feel for the variations that might have occurred.
For example, a typical abbreviation for Canyon Heights: Canyon Hts. (in Canada, 'Hgts.' is the more common abbreviation.)
If you have information about these names (such as the reason for the change, date of change, the origin of the name), please Contact Us.
Websites to Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we like to start with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their information is open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that are relevant to Canyon Heights:
- Websites specific to British Columbia
- Cemetery Information and Directories for British Columbia
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- Stories from British Columbia
- Stories from Washington
Cemeteries Near Canyon Heights ...
Below are cemeteries that are in the vicinity of Canyon Heights.
This is a new section and is likely to have errors. If you find an error, such as a missing cemetery or we have the wrong name, please let us know. If you know of them, we would also appreciate learning about previous or alternate names.
If you need information about a burial or interment, photos, transcripts, how to contact the cemetery or local authorities, please visit our selection of Genealogy Websites (see below).
If not found below, our Cemetery List for Canyon Heights covers a larger area, with the cemeteries listed in alphabetical order.
- Capilano View Cemetery
- Air India Memorial
- North Vancouver Cemetery
- Masonic Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Masonic Cemetery
- Masonic Cemetery lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Canyon Heights.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Masonic Cemetery
- Beth Israel Cemetery & Memorial Garden
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Beth Israel Cemetery & Memorial Garden
- Beth Israel Cemetery & Memorial Garden lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Canyon Heights.
- Beth Israel Cemetery & Memorial Garden has also been known as:
- Beth Isreal Cemetery
- Beth Israel Jewish Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beth Israel Cemetery & Memorial Garden
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mountain View Cemetery
- Mountain View Cemetery lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the south of Canyon Heights.
- Mountain View Cemetery has also been known as:
- Mountain View / Vancouver Municipal Cemetery
- Mountainview Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mountain View Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1968309<1>
- Continue List ...
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Forest Lawn Memorial Park
- The Forest Lawn Memorial Park is a very large cemetery that is located in Burnaby.More accurately, Forest Lawn Memorial Park lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Canyon Heights.
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park has also been known as:
- Forest Lawn Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Lawn Memorial Park
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #1968306<1>
- Ocean View Burial Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Ocean View Burial Park
- Ocean View Burial Park lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the south of Canyon Heights.
- Ocean View Burial Park has also been known as:
- Ocean View Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ocean View Burial Park
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2132463<1>
- Schara Tzedeck Cemetery
- Fraser Cemetery
- St. Peters Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the St. Peters Cemetery
- The St. Peters Cemetery is a large cemetery that is located in New Westminster.More precisely, St. Peters Cemetery lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Canyon Heights.
- St. Peters Cemetery has also been known as:
- St. Peters RC Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on St. Peters Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2257245<1>
- Robinson Memorial Park
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Robinson Memorial Park
- Robinson Memorial Park lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Canyon Heights.
- Robinson Memorial Park has also been known as:
- Coquitlam Municipal Cemetery
- Robinson Memorial Park / Coquitlam Municipal Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Robinson Memorial Park
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2236961<1>
- Port Coquitlam Municipal Cemetery
- Valley View Memorial Gardens
- Mt. Elphinstone Pioneer Cemetery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for the Mt. Elphinstone Pioneer Cemetery
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for the Mt. Elphinstone Pioneer Cemetery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Mt. Elphinstone Pioneer Cemetery lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the west of Canyon Heights.
- Mt. Elphinstone Pioneer Cemetery has also been known as:
- Mt. Elphinstone Cemetery
- Mt. Ephinstone Cemetery
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mt. Elphinstone Pioneer Cemetery
- Find-A-Grave: FAG ID #2353153<1>
We've also created an expanded list of communities that existed in the 1890's and were located in the area around Canyon Heights. See our List of 1890's Communities around Canyon Heights.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Canyon Heights. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Canyon Heights) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Canyon Heights. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Canyon HeightsOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Canyon Heights. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.3549, Longitude: -123.0967 |
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|