Welcome to Azouzetta ...
Although we found mention of Azouzetta during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Azouzetta was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Azouzetta to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Azouzetta, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Azouzetta might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Note: If you leave Azouzetta and travel east, you will leave Pacific Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT).
We believe that Azouzetta would be found within the (250) & (778)<2> area codes.
Communities near Azouzetta ...
We have created a list of 5 communities that are near Azouzetta.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mackenzie came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mackenzie
- Mackenzie lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Azouzetta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mackenzie
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mackenzie
- Hasler Flat
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hasler Flat
- Hasler Flat lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Azouzetta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hasler Flat
- McLeod Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for McLeod Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McLeod Lake
- McLeod Lake lies 33 miles [53.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Azouzetta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McLeod Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for McLeod Lake
- Dokie Siding
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dokie Siding
- Dokie Siding lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Azouzetta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dokie Siding
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chetwynd came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chetwynd
- Chetwynd lies 44 miles [70.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Azouzetta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chetwynd
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chetwynd
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Azouzetta ...
Looking for more information about Azouzetta? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Azouzetta, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Azouzetta.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Azouzetta and then turned west". While Azouzetta could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Azouzetta as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Azouzetta could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Azouzetta) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Azouzetta. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 55.4000, Longitude: -122.6167