Welcome to Atlin ...
Atlin is 2,270 feet [692 m] above sea level.<1> In other words, the elevation of Atlin is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Atlin lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Note: If you leave Atlin and travel west, you will leave Pacific Time and cross into the Alaskan Time Zone (AKST/AKDT).
Area codes for Atlin: (250) & (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Atlin: V0W<3>
Websites for Atlin ...
Official Website: www.atlinbc.ca/
Communities near Atlin ...
We have created a list of 6 communities that are near Atlin.
- Scotia Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scotia Bay
- Scotia Bay lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the west of Atlin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Scotia Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scotia Bay
- Discovery - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Discovery
- Discovery was located 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the east of Atlin
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Discovery. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Taku
- Taku lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Atlin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Taku came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Taku
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Surprise
- Surprise lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the east of Atlin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Surprise came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Surprise
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Engineer
- Engineer lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the west of Atlin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Engineer came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Engineer
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ben-My-Chree
- Ben-My-Chree lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Atlin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ben-My-Chree came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ben-My-Chree
TripAdvisor Tourism Page for Atlin ...
Looking for more information about Atlin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
You can learn more by visiting the TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Atlin.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Atlin: www.atlinbc.ca/
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Atlin - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Atlin, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Atlin). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Atlin or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Atlin) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Atlin. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Atlin
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Atlin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 59.5767, Longitude: -133.7030
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|