Welcome to Arrowhead ...
So far, we have found very little information about Arrowhead. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Arrowhead to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Arrowhead, please Contact Us.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Arrowhead is 2,110 feet [643 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: The area where Arrowhead was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP).
If Arrowhead still existed, it would have been in the (250) & (778)<3> area codes.
Communities Also Named Arrowhead ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 23 communities that are also named Arrowhead - they are located in Alabama (2), California, Colorado, Illinois (3), Maryland (2), Missouri, Nevada (3), North Carolina (2), Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia (4) and Washington (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Arrowhead.
Communities near Arrowhead ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arrowhead.
- Shelter Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shelter Bay
- Shelter Bay lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Arrowhead
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shelter Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shelter Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaton
- Beaton lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the east of Arrowhead
- Former name for Beaton:
- Thomson's Landing
- Beaton has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Beaton
- Comaplix - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Comaplix
- Comaplix was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Arrowhead
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Comaplix. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Trout Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trout Lake
- Trout Lake lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the east of Arrowhead
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trout Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trout Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferguson
- Ferguson lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Arrowhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferguson
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fosthall
- Fosthall lies 23 miles [37 km]<4> to the south of Arrowhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fosthall
- Three Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Valley
- Three Valley lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Arrowhead
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Three Valley
- Albert Canyon
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Albert Canyon
- Albert Canyon lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the north of Arrowhead
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Albert Canyon
- Canyon Hot Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canyon Hot Springs
- Canyon Hot Springs lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the north of Arrowhead
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Canyon Hot Springs came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Canyon Hot Springs
Adding Arrowhead to Our Gazetteer ...
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Arrowhead was
We also found Arrowhead on a map titled Gulf Oil Map of British Columbia (1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Arrowhead on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Arrowhead, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Arrowhead - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Arrowhead) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Arrowhead. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from ArrowheadOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arrowhead. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.6938, Longitude: -117.9220 |
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|