Welcome to Arrowhead ...
So far, we found very little information about Arrowhead. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Arrowhead to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Arrowhead, please Contact Us.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Arrowhead is 2,110 feet [643 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: The area where Arrowhead was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP).
The location where Arrowhead once stood is in the (250) and (778)<3> area codes.
Communities Also Named Arrowhead ...
Using our Gazetteer, we found that there are 23 communities that are also named Arrowhead - they are located in Alabama (2), California, Colorado, Illinois (3), Maryland (2), Missouri, Nevada (3), North Carolina (2), Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia (4) and Washington (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Arrowhead.
Communities near Arrowhead ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arrowhead.
- Shelter Bay
(4 miles [6.4 km] to the south)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shelter Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shelter Bay
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Shelter Bay
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Beaton
- Former name for Beaton:
- Thomson's Landing
- Beaton has also been known as:
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Beaton
- Comaplix ‑ Historic
(8 miles [12.9 km] to the northeast)
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Comaplix. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Comaplix
- Trout Lake
(17 miles [27.4 km] to the east)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Trout Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trout Lake
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Trout Lake
(19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
(23 miles [37 km] to the south)
(24 miles [38.6 km] to the northwest)
- Three Valley
(28 miles [45.1 km] to the northwest)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Three Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Three Valley
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Three Valley
- Albert Canyon
(30 miles [48.3 km] to the north)
- Canyon Hot Springs
(30 miles [48.3 km] to the north)
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Canyon Hot Springs came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canyon Hot Springs
- Jump to a Google Map centered on Canyon Hot Springs
Adding Arrowhead to Our Gazetteer ...
The earliest source we've referenced which mentioned Arrowhead was mentioned on a train schedule titled Canadian Pacific Railroad Time Tables (October 1899).
We also found Arrowhead on a map titled Gulf Oil Map of British Columbia (1925).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Arrowhead.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Arrowhead, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Arrowhead - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|