Welcome to Arrow Park ...
Although we found mention of Arrow Park during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> We believe that Arrow Park had a post office at one time. We have done a cursory search and haven't been able to find any evidence that the community still exists..
We've added Arrow Park to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Arrow Park, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Arrow Park might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
We believe that Arrow Park would be found within the (250) & (778)<2> area codes.
Adding Arrow Park to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
That's the case with Arrow Park: The earliest map where we found it was on a Map of British Columbia (1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Arrow Park on our Genealogy Page.
Communities near Arrow Park ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Arrow Park.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burton
- Burton lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of Arrow Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burton
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glenbank
- Glenbank lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Arrow Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glenbank
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fosthall
- Fosthall lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<3> to the north of Arrow Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fosthall
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fauquier
- Fauquier lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southwest of Arrow Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fauquier came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fauquier
- Needles - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Needles
- Needles was located 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southwest of Arrow Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Needles came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rosebery
- Rosebery lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the east of Arrow Park
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rosebery
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Applegrove
- Applegrove lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<3> to the south of Arrow Park
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Applegrove came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Applegrove
- New Denver
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Arrow Park ...
Looking for more information about Arrow Park? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Arrow Park, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Arrow Park.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Arrow Park and then turned west". While Arrow Park could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Arrow Park as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Arrow Park could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Arrow Park) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Arrow Park. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.1167, Longitude: -117.9000
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|