Welcome to Annacis ...
Although we found mention of Annacis during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Annacis was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it's a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Annacis to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Annacis, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Annacis might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Communities near Annacis ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Annacis.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burnaby came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burnaby
- Burnaby lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the north of Annacis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burnaby
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Burnaby
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coquitlam came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coquitlam
- Coquitlam lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the northeast of Annacis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coquitlam
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coquitlam
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Delta came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Delta
- Delta lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Annacis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delta
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Delta
- Port Coquitlam
- North Vancouver
- West Vancouver
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Vancouver came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Vancouver
- West Vancouver lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Annacis
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Vancouver
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for West Vancouver
- Port Moody
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Annacis ...
Looking for more information about Annacis? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Annacis, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Annacis.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Annacis and then turned west". While Annacis could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Annacis as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Annacis could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Annacis) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Annacis. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1667, Longitude: -122.9333
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|