Welcome to Anderson ...
Although we found mention of Anderson during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Anderson was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Anderson to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Anderson, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Anderson might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
We believe that Anderson would be found within the (250) & (778)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Anderson ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 70 communities that are also named Anderson - they are located in Alabama (3), Alaska, Arkansas (3), California, Georgia (7), Idaho, Illinois (2), Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (2), Kentucky (2), Louisiana, Michigan (8), Mississippi, Missouri (2), Montana (2), Nevada (2), New Jersey, New York, North Carolina (2), Ohio (3), Oklahoma (2), Ontario (2), Oregon (2), Pennsylvania (3), Quebec, South Carolina, Tennessee (5), Texas, Virginia, West Virginia (2) and Wisconsin (3).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Anderson.
Communities near Anderson ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Anderson.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinegrove
- Pinegrove lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the south of Anderson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinegrove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Strathnaver
- Strathnaver lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the west of Anderson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Strathnaver came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Strathnaver
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wingdam
- Wingdam lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<3> to the south of Anderson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wingdam came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wingdam
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cottonwood
- Cottonwood lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the south of Anderson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cottonwood came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cottonwood
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hixon
- Hixon lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the west of Anderson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hixon came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hixon
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hixon<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cinema
- Cinema lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the southwest of Anderson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cinema came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cinema
- Stanley - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stanley
- Stanley was located 25 miles [40.2 km]<3> to the southeast of Anderson
- Moose Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moose Heights
- Moose Heights lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<3> to the southwest of Anderson
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moose Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodpecker
- Woodpecker lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<3> to the northwest of Anderson
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woodpecker came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodpecker
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Anderson ...
Looking for more information about Anderson? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Anderson, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Anderson.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Anderson and then turned east". While Anderson could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Anderson as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Miller Creek to see Pete ... Miller Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Anderson could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Anderson) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Anderson. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 53.3500, Longitude: -122.0444 |
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|