Welcome to Allenby ...
Although we found mention of Allenby during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> We believe that Allenby had a post office at one time. We have done a cursory search and haven't been able to find any evidence that the community still exists..
We've added Allenby to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Allenby, please Contact Us.
The origin (or the toponymy) of Allenby: Named after Edmund Henry Hynman Allenby (1861-1936), a British Field Marshall in Egypt.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Allenby might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
We believe that Allenby would be found within the (250) and (778)<2> area codes.
Communities Also Named Allenby ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 2 communities that are also named Allenby - they are located in Illinois and Quebec.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Allenby.
Communities near Allenby ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Allenby.
- Copper Mountain - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Copper Mountain came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copper Mountain
- Copper Mountain was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<3> to the south of Allenby
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jura came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jura
- Jura lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the north of Allenby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jura
- Blakeburn - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blakeburn
- Blakeburn was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Allenby
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Tulameen came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tulameen
- Tulameen lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Allenby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tulameen
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Tulameen
- Allison Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Allison Lake
- Allison Lake lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the north of Allenby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Allison Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eastgate
- Eastgate lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<3> to the south of Allenby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eastgate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Jellicoe came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jellicoe
- Jellicoe lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the northeast of Allenby
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jellicoe
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Allenby ...
Looking for more information about Allenby? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Allenby, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Allenby.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Allenby and then turned east". While Allenby could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Allenby as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Allenby could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Allenby) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Allenby. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Allenby
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Allenby. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4167, Longitude: -120.5167
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|