Welcome to Alder Creek ...
Although we found mention of Alder Creek during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Alder Creek was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Alder Creek to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Alder Creek, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Alder Creek: Alder Crk. (or less commonly used: Alder Ck. or Alder Cr.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Alder Creek might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Communities Also Named Alder Creek ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 4 communities that are also named Alder Creek - they are located in California, Idaho, New York and Oregon.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alder Creek.
Communities near Alder Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alder Creek.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Richmond
- Richmond lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the south of Alder Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Richmond came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Richmond
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Richmond<3>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coquitlam
- Coquitlam lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Alder Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coquitlam came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coquitlam
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coquitlam<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Delta
- Delta lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the south of Alder Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Delta came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Delta
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Delta<3>
- Maple Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maple Ridge
- Maple Ridge lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Alder Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maple Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maple Ridge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Maple Ridge<3>
- New Westminster
- Port Coquitlam
- North Vancouver
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alder Creek ...
Looking for more information about Alder Creek? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Alder Creek, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Alder Creek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Alder Creek and then turned east". While Alder Creek could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Alder Creek as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Alder Creek could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alder Creek) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alder Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.3500, Longitude: -122.9000
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|