Welcome to Albert Head ...
Although we found mention of Albert Head during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> We believe that Albert Head had a post office at one time. We have done a cursory search and haven't been able to find any evidence that the community still exists..
We've added Albert Head to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Albert Head, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Albert Head might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
We believe that Albert Head would be found within the (250) and (778)<2> area codes.
Communities near Albert Head ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Albert Head.
- Port Angeles [Clallam County]
- Oak Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oak Bay
- Oak Bay lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the northeast of Albert Head
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oak Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oak Bay
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oak Bay<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sidney
- Sidney lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the north of Albert Head
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sidney came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sidney
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sidney<4>
- North Saanich
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Saanich
- North Saanich lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the north of Albert Head
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for North Saanich came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Saanich
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for North Saanich<4>
- View Royal
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for View Royal
- View Royal lies 5 miles [8 km]<3> to the northeast of Albert Head
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for View Royal came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on View Royal
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for View Royal<4>
- Lake Hill
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lake Hill
- Lake Hill lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the northeast of Albert Head
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Hill
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Albert Head. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Albert Head.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Albert Head. See our Newspapers Page for Albert Head.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Albert Head ...
Looking for more information about Albert Head? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Albert Head, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Albert Head.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a British Columbia Community
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Albert Head and then turned east". While Albert Head could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Albert Head as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Albert Head could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Albert Head) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Albert Head. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.3833, Longitude: -123.5000
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|