Communities Also Named Adams Lake ...
We have found one communities that share the name Adams Lake.
Within British Columbia, the name Adams Lake is unique.
Beyond British Columbia, there is another community also named Adams Lake in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- LaGrange County
- We found mention of this community, but have little information.<1> For the information that we do have, please visit our profile page for the Indiana community of Adams Lake [LaGrange County].
Curious and Interesting Names Near Adams Lake ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Blind Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blind Bay
- Blind Bay lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Adams Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Blind Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blind Bay
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blind Bay<4>
- Eagle Bay
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle Bay
- Eagle Bay lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the east of Adams Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eagle Bay came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagle Bay
- Lee Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lee Creek
- Lee Creek lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the southeast of Adams Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lee Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lee Creek
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Louis Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Louis Creek
- Louis Creek lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Adams Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Louis Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Louis Creek
- Scotch Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scotch Creek
- Scotch Creek lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the east of Adams Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Scotch Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scotch Creek
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Scotch Creek<4>
- Sun Peaks
- Turtle Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Turtle Valley
- Turtle Valley lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the south of Adams Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Turtle Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Turtle Valley
How Far From Adams Lake to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Adams Lake to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Adams Lake and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Victoria, which is the Provincial Capital of British Columbia, lies 239 miles [384.6 km]<2> to the southwest (SW). If you could drive a straight line from Adams Lake to Victoria, with an average speed<5>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take nearly four hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 14 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 10 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,028 miles [3,263.7 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 4 days, a buggy would take 80 days and walking would take 116 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,514 miles [10,483.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,277 miles [11,711.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,400 miles [8,690.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Adams Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer as a placeholder. As we find more information about that community, it will be added to our Gazetteer.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Adams Lake could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Adams Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Adams Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Adams Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Adams Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.9667, Longitude: -119.6833
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Adams Lake to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.814 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 340.245 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 325.68 degrees.||