Welcome to Vandervoort ...
The town of Vandervoort is located in Polk County<1>.
The location of Vandervoort has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Vandervoort has a population of 86 people<3> (see below for details).
Vandervoort is 1,070 feet [326 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: Vandervoort lies in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
The ZIP code for Vandervoort: 71972<5>
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Vandervoort had an population of 86 people. This is a decrease of 1.15% since the 2010 Census (or a decrease of 28.33% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Vandervoort had a population of 87 people. This makes Vandervoort the county's 6th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 87 people, the population of Vandervoort decreased 27.5% from the 2000 Census (with a count of 120 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Vandervoort.
Communities Also Named Vandervoort ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Vandervoort - it's located in South Dakota.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Vandervoort.
Communities near Vandervoort ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Vandervoort.
- Mena [Polk County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mena
- Mena [Polk County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<6> to the northeast of Vandervoort
- Estimated population in 2019: 5,490 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mena
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mena<7>
- Wickes [Polk County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Wickes
- Wickes [Polk County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<6> to the south of Vandervoort
- Estimated population in 2019: 747 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Wickes have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Wickes
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Wickes<7>
- Grannis [Polk County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grannis
- Grannis [Polk County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<6> to the south of Vandervoort
- Estimated population in 2019: 574 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grannis have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grannis
- Hatfield [Polk County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Cove [Polk County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cove
- Cove [Polk County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<6> to the northwest of Vandervoort
- Estimated population in 2019: 373 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cove
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Cove<7>
- Gillham [Sevier County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gillham
- Gillham [Sevier County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<6> to the south of Vandervoort
- Estimated population in 2019: 157 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gillham
- Smithville [McCurtain County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smithville
- Smithville [McCurtain County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<6> to the west of Vandervoort
- Population from the 2010 Census: 113 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smithville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Smithville<7>
- Bog Springs [Polk County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bog Springs
- Bog Springs [Polk County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<6> to the southwest of Vandervoort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bog Springs
- Watson [McCurtain County]
- Potter Junction [Polk County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Potter Junction
- Potter Junction [Polk County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<6> to the north of Vandervoort
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Potter Junction
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Vandervoort. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Vandervoort.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Vandervoort. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Vandervoort.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Vandervoort. See our Newspapers Page for Vandervoort.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Vandervoort ...
Looking for more information about Vandervoort? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Vandervoort, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Vandervoort.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Arkansas Community
About Polk County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Vandervoort. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Arkansas: https://portal.arkansas.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arkansas' counties, including Polk, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Vandervoort.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Vandervoort - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a town (such as Vandervoort). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Vandervoort or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Vandervoort) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Vandervoort. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Vandervoort
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Vandervoort. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.3801, Longitude: -94.3644 In this case, the coordinates for Vandervoort have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|