Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Pickens.
Our newspaper information for Pickens is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
We don't know of any newspapers that were published in the immediate area of Pickens. That said, we do have a list of papers that were published in the broader area surrounding Pickens. Our list contains 41 papers that were published within 26 miles [41.8 km]<1> of Pickens.
Newspapers Neighboring Pickens ...
The following newspapers were published within 26 miles [41.8 km] of Pickens.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Pickens.
- Published In Dumas [Desha County] ...
- Desha County Democrat (from 1910)
- The Dumas Clarion (from 1929)
- The Dumas News (from 1897)
- Published In Gould [Lincoln County] ...
- The Gould Advance (from 1926)
- Published In McGehee [Desha County] ...
- Desha County News (from 1911)
- Rohwer Relocator (from 1945)
- Southeast Arkansas Farmer (from 1941)
- The McGehee Semi-Weekly Times (from 1925)
- The McGehee Times (from 1928)
- Published In Gillett [Arkansas County] ...
- The Gillett Reporter (from 1914)
- The Record (from 1927)
- Continue List (8 more) ...
- Published In Grady [Lincoln County] ...
- Prison Views (from 1968)
- The Pea Pickers Picayune (from 1968)
- Published In Baxter [Drew County] ...
- The Baxter Vidette (from 1902)
- Published In Star City [Lincoln County] ...
- Lincoln County Enterprise (from 1903)
- Lincoln County Herald (from 1875)
- The Lincoln County Enterprise (from 1963)
- The Lincoln Ledger (from 1887)
- Published In Prentiss [Bolivar County] ...
- The Jeff Davis News (from 1940)
- The Prentiss Headlight (from 1906)
- Published In Dermott [Chicot County] ...
- The Dermott Drummer (from 1988)
- The Dermott News (from 1910)
- Published In Monticello [Drew County] ...
- Advance-Monticellonian (from 1920)
- Monticello Messenger (from 1935)
- Monticello News-Press (from 1975)
- News-Press (from 1975)
- South Arkansas News (from 1980)
- The Advance (from 1907)
- The Drew County Advance (from 1894)
- The Monticello Guardian (from 1865)
- The Monticellonian (from 1870)
- The Sage Of Monticello (from 1857)
- The South Arkansas News-Press (from 1976)
- Published In Napoleon [Desha County] ...
- Napoleon Journal (from 1839)
- Napoleon Standard, And Commercial Adviser (from 1841)
- Napoleon Weekly Planter (from 18??)
- The Messenger (from 1840)
- Weekly Planter (from 1857)
- Published In Rosedale [Bolivar County] ...
- Bolivar County Review (from 1889)
- The Bolivar County Democrat (from 1887)
- The Weekly Leader (from 1879)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Arkansas
About Desha County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Pickens. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Arkansas: https://portal.arkansas.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Pickens) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Pickens. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Pickens
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Pickens. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.8457, Longitude: -91.4818 In this case, the coordinates for Pickens have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).