Below are the newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Branch.
Our newspaper information for Branch is based on data taken from the Chronicling America website. For more information, please see our description of the Chronicling America website.
The following list contains the names of 1 papers that were published in the immediate area of Branch. In addition, the list contains another 91 papers that were published in the broader area that surrounded Branch. In total, we've identified 92 papers within 23 miles [37 km]<1> of Branch.
To keep this list from growing too long, not all of the papers have been listed. We have another list where all the papers have been listed in alphabetical order. The complete list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Branch.
Newspapers Published In Branch ...
We know of only one newspaper that was published in the Branch area:
- The Branch Argus (from 1921)
Newspapers Neighboring Branch ...
The following newspapers were published within 23 miles [37 km]<1> of Branch.
The papers have been grouped by the community in which they were published, with the communities listed in order of their distance from Branch.
- Published In Charleston [Franklin County] ...
- Charleston Express (from 1900)
- The Charleston Vindicator (from 1881)
- Published In Auburn [Sebastian County] ...
- Auburn Reporter (from 1881)
- The first year of publication was in 1881, with an unknown end date
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 25924363
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Auburn Reporter
- Holdings for: LCCN SN92050086
- Published In Lavaca [Sebastian County] ...
- Published In Paris [Logan County] ...
- Paris Express-Progress (from 1977)
- Paris Express (from 1880)
- Paris Express (from 1989)
- Progress (from 1910)
- Years of publication: 1910 to 1920
- Locate a copy thru WorldCat: OCLC 21049259
- Locate a copy thru the Library of Congress:
- Catalog Card for the Progress
- Holdings for: LCCN SN90050048
- The Mt. Magazine Spoofer (from 1940)
- The Paris Progress (from 1920)
- The Serpent (from 1885)
- Continue List (13 more) ...
- Published In Magazine [Logan County] ...
- Cravens Weekly (from 1922)
- Magazine Gazette (from 18??)
- The Magazine Advance (from 1923)
- The Magazine Developer (from 1909)
- Published In Altus [Franklin County] ...
- Franklin County Banner (from 19??)
- The Altus Record (from 1913)
- The Altus Weekly News (from 1897)
- Published In Ozark [Franklin County] ...
- Ozark Banner (from 1874)
- The Democrat-Enterprise (from 1909)
- The Franklin County Enterprise (from 1900)
- The Franklin News (from 1892)
- The Ozark Democrat (from 1877)
- The Ozark Spectator (from 1916)
- The Rustler (from 1896)
- The Spectator (from 1911)
- The Spectator (from 1917)
- Published In Mulberry [Crawford County] ...
- Crawford County Bulletin (from 1939)
- Crawford County Bulletin (from 1951)
- Crawford County Siftings (from 1902)
- The Crawford County Leader
- The Mulberry Journal (from 1951)
- The Mulberry Times (from 1921)
- Published In Blue Mountain [Logan County] ...
- Blue Mountain Log (from 1934)
- Published In Coal Hill [Johnson County] ...
- The Arkansas Spy (from 1891)
- The Coal Hill Monitor (from 18??)
- The Phoenix (from 1902)
- Published In Greenwood [Sebastian County] ...
- Sebastian County News (from 1939)
- The Greenwood Democrat (from 188?)
- The Greenwood Times (from 1883)
- Published In Alma [Crawford County] ...
- Arkansas Valley Times (from 1974)
- The Alma News-Herald (from 1960)
- The Alma News (from 1952)
- Published In Fort Chaffee [Sebastian County] ...
- Chaffeegram (from 1980)
- Crossroads (from 1978)
- Helping Hand (from 1975)
- La Vida Nueva (from 1980)
- Published In Fort Smith [Sebastian County] ...
- We know of 80 newspapers that have been published in the vicinity of Fort Smith. The list of those papers is too long to repeat here, but can be found on the Local Newspaper Page for Fort Smith
- We have an extended list that contains all the papers within 23 miles [37 km]<1> of Branch. This extended list includes all the papers from Fort Smith. The list is sorted by the paper's name. This merged list can be found on the Extended Newspaper Page for Branch
- Published In Huntington [Sebastian County] ...
- The Democrat (from 1894)
- The Huntington Democrat (from 1892)
- The Huntington Enterprise (from 1930)
- The Huntington Herald (from 1888)
- The Huntington Hummer (from 1888)
- Published In Mansfield [Sebastian County] ...
- Mansfield American (from 1905)
- Mansfield Messenger (from 1910)
- Mansfield Weekly News (from 1891)
- The Alliance Patriot (from 1891)
- The Citizen (from 1967)
- Published In Scranton [Logan County] ...
- The Scranton Independent (from 1910)
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Arkansas
About Franklin County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Chronicling America
Unfortunately, we don't know of an official website for Branch. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Arkansas: https://portal.arkansas.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Branch) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Branch. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Branch
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Branch. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.3079, Longitude: -93.9545 In this case, the coordinates for Branch have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).